Humber River Regional Hospital
Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH) is a major community hospital in Northwest Toronto operating on three sites (Church, Finch and Keele) that together serve 800,000 residents in Northwest Toronto. The Hospital was founded in 1997 by merging three hospital organizations: Humber Memorial Hospital, Northwestern Hospital, and York Finch Hospital. Agnew Peckhamhave worked with HRRH since 1999, when the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care recommended the Hospital seek our expertise to build a business case to study the cost differences between a redeveloped facility and a new/Greenfield hospital. We facilitated the new care model and our planning work helped turn HRRH’s vision into a reality.
We have successfully completed numerous projects for this multi-site organization.
- Developed a successful business case which demonstrated that it was more cost effective to redevelop on a new site.
- Assisted the Hospital in a clinical program planning and strategic planning process to determine its mission, values and strategic directions, along with goals and objectives to achieve them. The strategic directions formed the basis for goals and initiatives to establish clinical priorities, improve patient services and patient satisfaction, expand partnerships with providers, and facilitate transition planning to the new facility.
- Developed a master program and a full functional program for all programs/services in the new acute care hospital currently being planned in North York.
- Developed clinical project specific output specifications (PSOS) for the RFP to procure the new hospital using an AFP model and we were part of the compliance team in evaluating the proponent submissions.
- Developed a master program for the ambulatory care centre that will remain at the Finch site and a functional program for a dialysis centre at the Keele site.
MOHLTC approval has been granted to begin construction of a new, consolidated 656-bed facility replacing the existing three HRRH sites. When work is completed in 2014 on HRRH’s new site, it will be Ontario’s first digital hospital.