Ready, Willing and Able – Key Attributes of Effective Planning Team Members
In preparation for a recent presentation, the Agnew Peckham team reflected on the critical success factors for health care planning projects. One of the key success factors believed to result in a highly successful planning project is Ready, Willing, and Able Participants, with Courage to move forward.
Ready participants have
- Done the necessary evidence-based research
- Toured new facilities
- Spoken with thought leaders
Willing participants are
- Open to new ideas
- Able to build on evolving practices and technology
- Will challenge and be challenged to be creative
Able participants have the capacity to
- Visualize the future and what “will be”
- Create an environment for innovation
- Continually identify opportunities for change and improvement
Courage is also an essential characteristic… Planning is not about re-inventing the past; it’s about creating the future.